Kayaking is a very popular water sport, which is loved by people of different ages. A lot of people are using kayak to roam on the water for recreational, touring or fishing purpose. One of the most important thing about kayaking is the comfortability. A good comfortable seat can help you to have a pleasing kayaking time. This is why you need an appropriate and best kayak seat for an epic kayaking time.
If you don’t have a good kayak seat, Kayaking can be very uncomfortable. This is especially true for the anglers, as they have to sit for a long time while fishing. There are several factors to check to get the best kayak seat for you.
- 1 Check the best kayak seats in the market
- 2 How to Choose the best Kayak seats?
- 3 10 Best Kayak Seats Reviews 2017
Check the best kayak seats in the market
Why do you need the best kayak seat?
There are several reasons to grab the best kayak seat for your kayak. Let’s see some of the important reasons in a bullet point list
- To get the proper comfort you deserve: If you are kayaking or fishing for a long time, it will cause you trouble if you don’t have any seat or poor kayak seat. To enjoy the time properly or fish for a long time, you definitely need the best kayak seat to feel more comfortable.
- To be able to kayak for a long time without fatigue. Kayaking without a proper seat will cause you get tired in a very short time. For a longer kayaking session, you need to take proper rest. Regular kayak seats are not designed properly to provide enough support to paddle for a long time.
- To have proper right back support. A regular kayak seat or a molded kayak seat will not provide a good back support. There is some exception, but most of them will hurt your back. While you paddle, you should have a better back support for better paddling experience. When you paddle, you need a good back support to propel forward. This is one of the most important reasons to have a kayak seat.
- To ensure proper or fast paddling speed. A good kayak seat will also help you to paddle faster and more efficiently. Though some people uses trolling motor for kayak, most of the kayakers love to paddle. If you are one of them, you will love how a good kayak seat helps paddle fast.
- To get extra storage to keep small stuff. This is a no brainer. We all love the extra storage, right? A lot of kayak seats comes with a good amount of storage options. Some may allow you to keep small fishing gears and some may offer a large storage option to keep bigger gears. Most of the time kayakers keep essentials and water bottles in the kayak seat’s storage.
- Sometimes to have foldable or strong material seat. If you love to fish while standing, you will always appreciate more space on the deck. Some of the mentioned kayak seats can be folded to offer more space on the deck.
- To have better and appropriate stability. Kayaking is a challenging outdoor activity. You will have to paddle and balance at the same time. Most new kayakers find it tough to balance without the back support. Having a good kayak seat will help you to have a better stability on white water and rough rivers.
- To have padded option for more comfort. Molded kayak seats doesn’t come with padding. Sitting a long time without padding can be very annoying and harmful for your health. I have mentioned some kayak seats with a great amount of padding for more comfort.
What are the advantages of getting the best kayak seat?
For angler: If you looked at the above points, then you have already know that why you need a good kayak seat. Assume you are a kayak fisherman, you have to paddle and sit for a long time when you go out fishing. This might be very boring and uncomfortable to sit on a poor kayak seat for a long time. This is why an angler should always get a kayak seat which meets their demand and keeps them seat comfortably. Otherwise, the fatigue might prevent you from enjoying that amazing kayak fishing time.
For recreational and touring purpose: Same thing goes for the kayak camping purpose. Camping requires you to have proper strength and freshness, which might be affected if you are using a poor seat on your kayak. Even for recreational purpose, it is suggested to get a good kayak seat to sit and paddle comfortable.
A good kayak seat will help you to sit comfortably, provide backrest, provide stability and more.
How to Choose the best Kayak seats?
It is important to check some factors while grabbing a kayak seat. I will provide a short, sweet and effective tutorial from the next paragraph to snatch that best kayak seat you deserve. Let’s start the stampede:
The most important reason to get a better kayak seat is their ability to provide necessary comfort. If your kayak seat is not comfortable, you will have a hard time on the water. It will seriously affect your paddling experience. Grab a kayak seat which offers other additional support to provide comfort to the kayakers.
Just like the previous point, this one is to provide extra comfort to the users. A good kayak seat will always come with necessary and ample cushioning to make you feel comfortable. This is why you need to choose a kayak seat which offers a good amount of cushioning.
Cushioning can be used in several places of a kayak. A padded seat will prevent your leg to freeze and allow to keep active. Some kayak seat comes with self-adhesive cushioning and some might in strap-in option.
Stability is a crucial thing to consider, especially for kayak anglers. A good kayak seat will provide you the necessary stability to fish calmly. Grab a kayak seat which offers a good balance between your weight and stability.
Most of the kayak seats have good durability. However, some might start to offer poor service after several usage. This is why getting the best kayak seat with better durability is a must for frequent kayakers.
If you love to keep some of your stuff at a closer distance, then this feature will come very handy to you.
A good kayak seat comes at a very decent price range. However, specialized kayak seat might ask you to spend more than a casual one. You can check our favorite best kayak seat price from the comparison chart.
10 Best Kayak Seats Reviews 2017
Ocean Kayak Comfort Plus seat back is designed to be used on sit-on-top kayaks. This kayak seat is an excellent choice and to be honest, one of my most favorite kayak seats on the market.
Comfort and Durability: As the name suggests, this kayak seat offers excellent comfort to the users. The padded back offers nice comfort, which helps you to paddle for quite a long time. Besides comfort, the UV-resistant nylon cloth construction offers great durability for longer usage.
Adjustability: There are 4-way adjustable mounting straps to adjust the way kayaker wants. The adjustment ability is excellent and it will help you to sit down in more comfortable ways.
- Padded back for support
- Great durability
- 4-way adjustable mounting strap for adjustability
- Brass swivel buckled for attachment
- The reflective logo offers high visibility for security measures
- You may have to re-adjust after some hours
Undoubtedly one of the best kayak seat for anglers. I have seen many kayak anglers complaining the fatigue of sitting on the poor stock seats. If you are a kayak angler and want to feel better while fishing, it is going to be the kayak seat for you.
Malibu Kayaks Spider Angler seat can be used on other sit-on-top kayaks to maximize your fishing experience. It is high backed with a thick padding to keep you more time on the water with maximum comfort.
There is a rear gear bag to keep your small stuff. Also, there is dual built-in rod holders and tool holders. The kayak offers a D-ring to attach more small gears or dry bags.
- Thick padding
- Specially built for anglers
- Rear gear bag to store small gears, dual built-in rod holders and tool holder
- Excellent durability
- D-ring to attach more gears
Leader Accessories Delux Kayak Seat
This deluxe kayak seat will provide support to kayaker’s back and bottom. You get a good amount of comfort for kayaking peacefully. There are 2 straps in the front and 2 in the back to provide a great adjustability.
Delux kayak seat comes at a very reasonable price. You get a good combination of durability, comfort, and quality at a decent price.
- 2 strap in the front and 2 in strap in the rear for greater adjustability
- Supports kayaker’s back and bottom
- provides great comfort
- Suitable for long trip
- Very competitive price
- Adjustable webbing
- Bottom could be better
GTS Elite Sit-On-Top Kayak Seat
As the name suggests, this is a kayak seat for sit-on-top kayaks. Most of the anglers use sit-on-top kayaks for easy fishing and better stability. This kayak seat adds more benefits to those kinds of users.
This kayak seat is made in such a way that it will help you to paddle easily and more comfortably. Thermal-molded foam is used to make this kayak seat. There are deep molded center panels to provide more comfort to the users.
You get top-notch high-back support with the sculpted curving 18” backrest. It uses four brass connection clips for a safe and secure connection to your kayak’s accessory eyelets. In a nutshell, GRS Elite Sit-on-top kayak seat is an amazing kayak seat for any users.
- Thermal-molded foam
- Adjustable webbing
- Deep molded center panels for more comfort
- 18” tall backrest for better support and comfort
- Provides a better paddling position
Surf To Summit Outfitter Series Kayak Seat
This kayak seat has a very high durability to last for a long time. Made of layered foam, fabric and plastic, it is compression molded at 400F and 60 tons of pressure. The design of this kayak seat is pretty basic and simple. The adjustment attachment system allows adjustable comfort.
- Made of layered foam, fabric, and plastic
- Compression molded at 400F and 60 tons of pressure
- A good blend of comfort and durability
- adjustable attachment system for customizable comfort
- very competitive price
- very simple design
Skwoosh Big Catch High back Kayak seat
This kayak seat comes with a high back support for comfortable kayaking over a long time. This is a specialized kayak seat for fishing purpose. For fishing benefits, this kayak seat comes with a detachable fishing pack with two-rod holders and 3 Plano utility boxes. Thus, you get to keep your fishing gear safe and ready to use.
You can adjust the 20” tall high back support with the side wings. It is padded to provide extra comfort to the users. The breathability of the Air-Flo3D fabric excellent. It keeps cool and fresh.
This kayak seat uses tekPad Fluidized gel for pressure relieving for comfortable seating. The durability of this kayak seat is pretty high. The 3 adjustable attaching straps are corrosion resistant for longer usage.
- Air-Flo3D breathable cool fabric
- Fishing pack
- Detachable handled pack with two rod holder and 3 Plano utility boxes
- The D-Rings can be used to attach more gears
- 20″ high padded back support for comfort
- Excellent durability
Sit-on-top Delux Cushioned Kayak Seat
This is a delux cushioned kayak seat for recreational kayakers. Even though most of the comfortable kayak seats will ask a good amount of money, this one does not. You can grab this kayak seat at a very reasonable price.
It comes with extra back support and comfort to paddle for a long time than usual. There are 4 adjustable straps to fit this in almost all sit-on-top kayaks. The connecting snaps used are marine grade.
There is a small storage pouch to keep your essential stuff like mobile, snacks, keys and more. It can be detached from the kayak seat. In a nutshell, this is a budget kayak seat with a good blend of comfort, support, and price.
- 4 adjustable strap for sit-on-top kayaks
- Detachable storage pouch
- High back support
- Adequate padding for comfort
- A very decent competitive price
- Bottom support is weak
As you have seen, a kayak seat doesn’t cost much but provides better comfort, stability and usability to the users. You can supercharge your next kayak fishing trip or paddling trip with an excellent kayak seat. For fishing purposes, my vote will go for Malibu Kayaks spider angler seat. And for recreational use, you can check the GTS Elite sit-on-top kayak seat. Grab the best kayak seat and go kayaking.