Humans have been using kayaks for a long time. Early Eskimos used driftwood to make frame for kayaks. If we go beyond that, early kayaks were wrapped with sealskins. The time has changed and now manufacturers are making kayaks with different types of materials.
You can find a lot of cheap kayaks in the market, thanks to manufacturers for using cheap yet durable materials. Not everybody is ready to splash a big amount of money for kayaking. If you are one of them, then this article is for you.
We are going to share some handpicked cheap kayaks for you. We will also share the pros and cons of these kayaks. We believe these are the best kayak for the money.
Best Cheap Kayaks 2022[table id=47 responsive=scroll /]
Intex Challenger k2 Kayak
If you are looking for the cheapest kayaks on the market, this one should fit the bill. Intex Challenger is an inflatable kayak with a very low price. This kayak should be used for recreational purpose only. It comes with a highly visible green color for easy detection. It has been made of super tough and rugged puncture vinyl.
It is even UV damage-resistant for long term durability. In order to provide more security, it uses two separate air chambers. The inflatable I-beam also provides a great amount of rigidity and stability. What’s more, the Boston valves provide easy inflation and deflation.
- Extremely cheap price
- Highly visible green color
- Rugged super tough vinyl used
- Puncture and UV damage-resistant
- Boston valves for quick inflation and deflation
- 86 inch aluminum paddle included
- Maximum weight capacity 400 pound
Sevylor Quikpak K1
Sevylor Quikpak K1 can be inflated or deflated within 5 minutes only. 21-gauge PVC construction is used to make this cheap kayak. The material is quite strong to withstand lake water. While there is bungee storage to keep necessary gears, it also offers a cute little seat for comfort. The bottom of the kayak is made of tarpaulin bottom to prevent punctures.
There are multiple air chambers, so if anyhow one of them gets punctured, the rest will keep the kayak floating. However, the Airtight System is guaranteed not to leak. The double lock valves can be used for easy inflation and deflation. Read: Quikpak K1 Review.
- Quick 5 minute setup
- 21-Gauge PVC construction
- Tarpaulin bottom for extra protection from punctures
- Airtight System guarantees no leak
- Cheap price
- The backpack system turns into a seat
- Different features like cup holder, carry handles, bungee storage
- Comfortable backrest
- Only for recreational
- Can’t handle slightly rapid water
Sun Dolphin Aruba 10
Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 is a cheap sit-in kayak. Unlike the other cheap kayaks, this one is made of strong material for high durability. Rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex high-density polyethylene is used to make this incredible kayak. Despite being sit-in kayak, it comes with a large open cockpit. SO getting into in this kayak is fairly easy. The large convenient storage is also great if you are going for a day long trip.
There are other features like the carrying handle and water bottle holder. You can grab this cheap kayak in several colors. With a great price and features, this is surely one of the best cheap kayaks on the market. Read: Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 review
- Strong rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex High-density Polyethylene
- Large open cockpit for easy entry
- Padded seat for comfort
- Carrying handles for easy carrying
- Carrying handles for easy carrying
- Reasonable price
- Available in different colors
- Slow tracking, but for touring great
Lifetime Tamarack Sit-On-Top Kayak
If you are into fishing, the Lifetime tamarack is a great cheap kayak for you. This incredibly cheap kayak is designed to help the anglers. Made of UV-protected High-density polyethylene this kayak is there to stay for a long time. Fishing requires you to have fishing gears like kayak GPS, kayak fish finder, and more; thanks to tamarack for providing enough storage options. There are two 6” storage compartments in the rear and center to keep gears. It even provides several rod holders to keep your kayak fishing rods. What’s more, the footrest is great to have the space you want. Read Lifetime Tamarack Review.
- UV-protected High-density polyethylene
- The flat bottom provides great stability
- Made for fishing
- Plenty storage option
- Fishing rod holders
- Multiple footrest options
- Great durability
- Tracking could be better
Lifetime 8 Foot Lotus Kayak
Lifetime is popular for its cheap but amazing kayaks. Lifetime 8 foot lotus kayak has a length of 8 feet. Made of high-density Polyethylene construction, the Lifetime 8-foot kayak is highly durable. Like a good kayak, this one also comes with multiple footrest options. This kayak comes with a good hull design for providing excellent stability and tracking.
Due to the 8 foot long length, it’s very lightweight, precisely to be 38 lb. There are other features like the tank well storage with a bungee cord. This is a great cheap kayak if you are buying this for a kid or newbie. Check these kayak for kids.
- Lightweight design: 38 lb
- Easy to carry handle
- Hull designed for better stability and tracking
- Multiple footrest positions
- Ample storage option
- Made of high-density polyethylene construction
- Great for kids and newbies
- The paddle could be better
Vapor 10 Recreational Kayak
Old town canoes and kayaks are very popular for their quality kayaks and canoes. Vapor 10 is a great recreational kayak for outdoor lovers. Despite being durable and having lots of features, this kayak comes at a very cheap price. It comes with a comfortable flex padded seat for paddling all day with the comfort you deserve.
There are comfortable thigh pads for better comfort for the users. For easier access, you can use the bilge of the boat. It comes in two different colors, so you get a chance if you don’t like the color in the above picture. Read Vapor 10 kayak review.
- Great for paddling on calm water like lakes, ponds, and even slow-moving rivers
- The adjustable comfort flex seat provides great comfort
- Thigh and knee pads for comfort
- Keep essential gears at the bilge of the kayak
- A large open cockpit offers easy entry
- More features like molded cup holder
- Slightly heavy
Sevylor Tahiti Classic Kayak
Love to have partners in crime? In that case, you need to have a tandem kayak. We have a tandem kayak review post. However, this is one of the cheapest kayaks for tandem usage. It’s an inflatable kayak with a bright yellow color. The 21-gauge PVC construction is rugged enough for lake use. The airtight system ensures that it is guaranteed not to leak.
You can take your friend or partner while roaming that awesome lake in the countryside. There are other features like the backrest for comfort, a mini-double lock with Double Lock valves for easy inflation/deflation, spray covers, and more.
- 21-gauge PVC construction for ruggedness
- Can be used on calm water like lakes, pond,s and even slow-moving river
- Backrest for comfort
- High portability
- Easy inflation/deflation
- Airtight system to prevent leak
- Not rugged for choppy waters
- Durability could be better
- Poor stability