10 Best Fishing Shoes 2019 – Fishing Shoes Review
Looking for the best fishing shoes? Today we are going to share some of the top best shoes which will help your fishing process. We will discuss the benefits of using those shoes and help you to choose one for you.
There was a time when we used to choose regular casual shoes to go fishing, but the time has changed to drop those casual shoes and choose a fishing shoe.
Our grandfather and dads were used to wear regular shoes when they went to fishing. Some even tried to get the locally manufactured shoes. However, the time has changed, and for the past decades, people are wearing shoes made for solely fishing purposes.
There are lots of manufacturers who are making incredible fishing shoes to maximize your fishing experience. A different fisherman has different criteria to choose their best fishing shoes. There are other conditions like environment and nature to influence the decision.
In this post, I am going to tell you about fishing shoes, how to choose the best fishing shoes and post some of the best fishing shoes in the market.
- 10 Best Fishing Shoes 2019
- How To Choose The Best Fishing Shoes
- Fishing Shoe Reviews
- Aleader Men Quick Drying Aqua Water Shoes
- UBFEN Men Women Water Shoes
- Merrell Men’s All Out Blaze Sieve Water Shoe
- SoftScience Fin Shoe
- Shimano Evair Marine Fishing Shoes
- Columbia Men’s Bahama Vent PFG Slip-On Boat Shoes
- Columbia Men Drainmaker III
- Men Vent Master Shoe
- Teva Men’s Churn Performance Water Shoe
- Columbia Men’s Drainmaker Li Athletic Shoes
- Rugged Shark Men’s Tidal Wave Boat Shoe
- Under Armour Men’s UA Drainster Shoes
- Sebago Men’s Docksides Boat Shoe
- Aleader Men’s Quick Drying Aqua Water Shoes
- Final Verdict
Our Top Choice
Aleader Quick Drying Aqua water shoe is our top pick for best fishing shoes. It is well made, comes with necessary features with durable material, and offers value to anglers like us. Besides the other features, the most important thing to notice is its excellent breathability with quick drying ability.
10 Best Fishing Shoes 2019
How To Choose The Best Fishing Shoes
I get it that you want a pair of shoes for fishing purpose. But do you know that you need different types of fishing shoes for various types of fishing? There are different types of fishing shoes which are made to use on different terrain.
- Fly fishing: Assume that you are going to fly fishing. In that case you, you need wading shoes. Wading boots are specifically designed to be used for fly fishing. Check these best wading shoes for fly fishing.
- Canoe and kayak fishing shoes: On the other hand, if you are looking for kayak fishing shoes, you need something that is lightweight, has a good sole, drains the water fast, and sticks to the leg when pushing through the sticky mud.
- Boat fishing: Quiet same as the kayak and canoe fishing shoes, you need a lightweight shoe which drains the water quickly.
- Shore Fishing: You should get a fishing shoe which is lightweight and has high breathability.
Once, you identify the type of your fishing; you will realize the types of fishing shoes you need.
Style & Design
Style and design are a significant factor for a lot of people. It totally depends on you. I would suggest you choose a design which helps the cause you are getting the fishing shoe.
You will find different styles of fishing shoes on the market. Some look like boot style; some are sneaker style and some with another unique style. My suggestion is not to buy a fishing shoe for its style, but the quality of it. In that way, you won’t be spending for a useless shoe. Once, it meets your criteria; you can look for style and design.
If you are not using kayak or boats and don’t need to get down to the mud, you should look for a good fishing shoe with proper ankle support. Otherwise, you may end up hurting your leg at slippery surfaces.
Let’s get one thing straight; fishing shoes are meant to get wet. This is why a good fishing shoe will have the material to fight such a condition. Most of the fishing shoes will have thick rubber soles to provide better stability to keep you steady. Let’s see the three types of material which are used for making shoes
- Leather: Leather is treated to stay dry
- Canvas: Provides excellent comfort with good protection
- Synthetic mesh: Made to drain the water quickly, keeps your feet dry and provides breathability
Fishing shoes have different purposes than regular shoes. As a result, they are slightly expensive than casual shoes. There are different types of fishing shoes available in the market. The range varies from $30 to $150.
Most fishing shoes have high breathability and have better traction for better grip on wet and slippery surfaces. Since they will be in contact with water, they have a quick dry ability. We have mentioned several fishing shoes with a reasonable price tag. Some of them are even available at a very cheap rate.
My suggestion is to buy a fishing shoe which suits your need. If possible spend a few extra bucks to get the best fishing shoe for your cause.
Fishing Shoe Reviews
This is our top choice when we are looking for fishing shoes. Fabric and rubber outsole is used to make this water shoe. A good fishing shoe will always provide a good quick drying ability, and it does. This fishing shoe comes with excellent breathability with quick drying ability. Walking on the deck of your boat while fishing can be dangerous if your shoe fails to tackle slippery surfaces. This is where this shoe puts a smile on anglers like us. It’s water grip and cushion outsole offers excellent traction on wet and slippery surfaces. It helps you have a better balance to make moves on the deck. It is also equipped with other features like the ComforDry sockliner, arch support insole, cushioning, and more. It is available in several colors and sizes to make it easy to choose.
- Quick drying ability
- High breathability, thanks to the air mesh upper
- Water grip and cushion outsole for better traction in wet and slippery places
- Arch support
- ComforDry sockliner
- Good cushioning
- Lightweight midsole offers great bounce-back
This is a great unisex fishing shoe coming from UBFEN. It is available in several colors and has amazing features. UBFEN used stretchy and smooth materials in the upper which makes it easy to get on and off. It is very lightweight, and makes you feel like wearing your socks on, but thick enough to protect your feet.
It comes with a highly durable sole which has a great wearing resistance and duration. When walking or moving, you will feel great friction, thanks to the convex dots on the solo which enhances the ability of the anti-skid. The reason why this shoe topped into this list its water draining ability. The optimal sizes of the hole allow the water to get out of the shoe but won’t let in any rocs or sands inside. On top of that, the flexible twist and loop make it easy to wear and transport. You can buy a pair of this fishing shoe for a very low price.
- Highly durable rubber sole for great wearing resistance
- Convex dots enhance the ability of anti-skid offering strong friction when waking
- The optimally sized hole allows the water to drain but doesn’t allow rocks and sands to get into the show
- Made by using stretchy materials
- Flexible twist and loop
- Low price
- Available in different stunning colors
- Can be used for many other activities like the beach, swimming, surfing, and more.
Merrell Men’s All Out Blaze Sieve Water Shoe was made with the needs of angler in mind since it is constructed with a waxy & waterproof leather and synthetic sole. For kayak fishing, we prefer to use water shoes which have better breathability. The upper of Merrell Men’s all out blaze sieve water shoe is made of waterproof leather, stretch Lycra neoprene materials. On the other hand, the rubber is synthetic.
It has a bungee lacing system which makes it super easy for quick-and-easy adjustments on the go. The efficient Unifly EVA midsole with soft cushioning offers the support your feet deserves. It has 3 mm lug depth and weighs 1lb 5oz. The Vibram TC5, along with the rubber outsole, guarantees reliable traction. The design of this fishing shoe ensures that it drains the water quickly. What’s more, it has a quick-drying feature. Try out a pair of Vibram’s first portable sole ever and discover more this winter.
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Waxy waterproof leather upperSoft Lycra neoprene stretch collars
- Efficient Unifly EVA midsoles offer soft cushioning
- Vibram TC5+ rubber outsole for reliable traction
- Bungee lacing system for quick-and-easy adjustments on the go
- Antimicrobial treatment to keep the odors under control
- Abrasion-resistant toe guard
- High breathability
This is one of the best fishing shoes available in the market. SoftSience Fin Shoe comes with a self-draining system with a mesh upper. Thus, it can drain the water very quickly.
This fishing shoe can be used by boat fishing like kayaking and canoeing. If you are fishing on a slippery surface or wet deck on your boat, the fin will hold the grip for better stability.
It has been designed in such a way that you get a good space with a better fit. Since it has generous space, you won’t get a snug fit, but have ventilation for breathability.
- Self-draining system for quick drying
- Better grip on slippery surfaces
- Roomy design for better fit
- High breathability
- Better ventilation
Shimano Evair Marine Fishing Shoes
Founded by Shozaburo Shimano, Shimano is a huge Japanese multinational manufacturer specializing in fishing, rowing, and cycling components. Shimano’s Evair marine is a fishing shoe which has high durability, functionality, and comes at a very reasonable price. You can buy this pair of fishing shoe in eight different colors.
Evair marine features an ultra-lightweight EVA material. If you like to go fishing for a long time, you will appreciate wearing this comfortable fishing shoe. As the manufacturer claims, it will be hard to notice the shoe after a long day at fishing. It comes with an ergonomic arch and one piece molded EVA material (made of using ethylene vinyl acetate) which will absorb the heel shock to reduce the foot fatigue. This pair of fishing shoe can be used in different types of activities like fishing, boating, kayaking, jet skiing, and surfing.
- Ergonomic arch
- One-piece molded EVA midsole which absorbs the heel shock and reduces the foot fatigue
- Available in different colors
These slip-on boat shoes are an excellent choice to be used on boats. Columbia Men’s Bahama Vent PFG is made of canvas and comes with a high-traction outsole. This fantastic high-traction outsole provides incredible gripping power on wet surfaces.
The upper of this shoe is made of canvas and leather. The midsole offers a decent amount of cushioning with support for better comfort while wearing. What’s more this shoe is lightweight, has air-flow and drains water quickly.
- Made of canvas
- Upper made of canvas and leather
- Available in different colors
- High-traction rubber outsole for better grip on wet surfaces
- Lightweight midsole
- Cushion used for comfort
The American company Columbia has an impressive line of affordable products, ranging from shirts to footwear. As the name suggests, this is primarily a trail running shoe. However, the features of this shoe allow it to be used as a fishing shoe. The upper is made of open mesh and synthetic fiber. This super-ventilated shoe has a quick-drying ability, which makes it an excellent shoe for fishing.
It features and Omni-grip outsole with razor siping, making it great to be used in the water. The Air-flow and water-drainable midsole make it even better. The Techlite midsole with the superior cushion offers high energy return. You can grab this cool looking fishing shoe in several colors. The price might be hefty, but the durability, features, and functionality make it worthy of your money.
- Available in different colors
- Omni-grip non-marking rubber outsole
- Techlite midsole, superior cushion, high energy return
- Quick-drying hybrid shoe
- Open-mesh upper
- Protective toe cap with rear pull loop
- Air-flow and water-drainable midsole
If you are looking for a waterproof fishing shoe, you should this Sperry Top-Sider Men’s Voyager Boating Shoe. This is a versatile packable Voyager which is designed to be used for adventure.
Unlike most fishing shoes, this one comes with a shock absorption of up to 30%. Thus, jumping from the boat or kayak to the ground is much easier when you use this fishing shoe.
It comes at a reasonable price in two different colors. In a nutshell, Sperry Top-Sider Men’s Voyager Boating Shoe is durable, lightweight and waterproof.
- Waterproof design
- Made to be used for adventure
- Shock absorption up to 30%
- Durable and lightweight
Men Vent Master Shoe
Columbia’s Ven Master Shoe is an excellent fishing shoe for men. It comes with a cool-wearing outsole with vents which works as water-drainage ports. The Omni-grip nonmarking wet outsole with the razor siping is designed to let you have a better grip on the slippery and wet surfaces. If you are fishing from the deck, you will realize that the deck is slippery. It can help you combat such situations.
The techlite midsole with superior cushion makes it easy to reduce fatigue with the high-energy return. The upper of this shoe is made of mesh & synthetic while the sole is made of rubber. Besides fishing, you can take this for trail running too. It comes in two different colors with a very reasonable price.
- Synthetic and mesh upper
- Rubber sole
- Techlit cushioning midsole
- Omni-grip midsole
- Techlite midsole with super cushion
- air-flow & Water drainage port
- Multi-purpose ability
- Lightweight design
- Offer a great grip on wet or slippery surfaces
Made of synthetic and mesh material, this is a casual and lightweight fishing shoe to be used on slippery deck or boat. Unlike most fishing shoes, this one comes at a slightly higher price for high-quality build materials.
The mesh upper has water drainage channels with a bungee lacing system for a secure fit. The EVA midsole is compression-molded. The Encapsulates shock-absorbing ShockPad technology is there to absorb the shock more quickly and easily.
What’s more, the spider rubber outsole is there for better traction and durability. If you don’t mind to spend a little higher than cheap fishing shoes, this one is an excellent choice for you.
- Mesh upper with water drainage channels for quick dry
- Bungee lacing system
- Better shock absorbing system via Encapsulated ShockPad technology
- Nice grip on wet surfaces
- Spider rubber outsole offers better traction with high durability
- Very comfortable
- Abrasion-resistant synthetic leather
One of the best fishing shoes to be used on water vehicles like boat, canoe and kayak. Columbia Men’s Drainmaker Li Athletic shoes have excellent gripping on the wet decks. It has a good design and good material to expedite the drying process.
As the name suggests, Columbia Drainmaker shoes dry very quickly and easily. Thus, you get to have a dry feet quickly. A lot of people are using this for multi-purpose. So, besides using it as fishing shoes, you can also use this for other activities too.
- Drain quickly and easily
- Good grip on wet surfaces
- Can be used for multi-purpose activities
- Reasonable price
Yet another stylish looking boat shoe to be used for the fishing purpose. This shoe uses synthetic and full grain leather upper. As a result, it looks like a casual and rugged shoe.
The EVA insole of the shoe with compression molded EVA midsole makes it even better. The Hexagrip(TM) slip-resistant non-marking rubber traction outsole is very helpful.
- Rugged design
- Made of premium full grain leather upper
- Great durability and comfort
- Cushioning EVA insole for comfort and shock absorption
- Hexagrip slip-resistant non-marking rubber traction outsole
Who doesn’t like a sporty looking shoes? Under Armour Men’s UA drainster shoes has a brilliant design and contrast color that it looks sp sporty in my eyes.
Under Armour Men’s UA drains shoe uses quick-dry and highly breathable textile upper. The contoured midsole and footbed are designed to have rapid drainage.
It’s stylish, has high breathability and quickly drains. All these points it to be one of the best fishing shoes for kayakers.
- High breathability
- High traction rubber outsole
- Abrasion protection
- Contoured midsole
- Stylish design
If the style is an issue for you, this one is the best dockside fishing shoe you can find in the market. This boat shoe features moc-toe stitching to stick up. Please note that they claim it to be hand-sewn. As a result, it has high quality and high durability for a long time.
It is made of leather and rubber sole. The best part is you can use this dockside shoe as casual shoes. The molded foam insole and the non-slip, non-marking rubber outsole makes it even better. This classic leather boat shoe looks gorgeous when worn with proper clothing. My friend’s fiance is using this pair, and he looks amazing on it.
- Classic boat leather deckside shoe
- Hand sewn
- Made of leather
- Looks stylish and expensive
- Available at a reasonable price
- Rubber sole
- Available in different colors
Last but not the list, my most favorite best cheap fishing shoe is Aldear Men’s Quick Drying Aqua water shoes. Despite being cheap, this is one of the best fishing shoes available at such a cheap cost. You will get high breathability with the durable air mesh upper which allows the foot to breathe.
The water grip and the cushion outsole gives you excellent traction on wet and slippery surfaces. It uses ComforDry sock liner with arch support for ample cushioning to make you feel comfortable.
What’s more, the open mesh on the upper makes it highly breathable.
- Highly breathable
- Durable mesh upper
- Solyte midsole is lightweight and has bounce-back ability
- Water grip and cushion for better traction on wet and slippery surfaces
- ComforDry sockliner with arch support for ample cushioning
- Upper is highly breathable
- Quick drying ability
I am an avid kayaker who loves to fish a lot. Besides kayaking, I do go for other outdoor activities like hiking and other stuff. I have several pairs of fishing shoes which I use for several types of activities. We all have different types of requirements, and hence we look for different features. However, for fishing purposes, a fishing shoe has good breathability and quick drying ability. There are some rugged fishing shoes which are able to withstand harsh marine environments. Try to determine your requirements, and you will be able to land the best fishing shoes for you. Do not hesitate to spend extra bucks if it’s worthy for your activity. We will continue to provide more amazing fishing shoes for you fellas. Meanwhile, you can also mention your favorite fishing shoes in the comments section below.