I have been kayaking a lot in the past weeks. One thing that I have noticed that carrying the kayaks are not that easy if you are doing it frequently. Moreover, my kayak is quite heavy, and it is causing me troubles in my back. That is when I decided to get a kayak cart.
Kayak carts are very useful to transport your kayaks to different places, especially when the distance is long. You can use the kayak cart to transport your kayak and other belongings at the same time with less effort.
I will describe how to choose the best kayak cart, and which kayak cart is best for you. I will show several kayak carts, to help you find the perfect kayak cart for you. From best to cheap kayak carts, all are shown below.
- Why do I need a kayak cart?
- Best Kayak Carts, Wheels And Trolleys
- How to Choose the Best Kayak Cart 2017?
- Best Kayak Carts Reviews 2017
- Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Cart
- Malone Clipper Deluxe Universal Kayak Cart
- C-Tug Boat Cart With Solid Kiwi Wheels
- Best Choice Products Kayak Canoe Carrier Dolly Trailer Trolley
- Seattle Sports ATC Cart
- Malone Xpress Scupper-Style Kayak Cart For Sit-On-Top Kayaks
- TMS Kayak Canoe Cart Wheel
- Seattle Sports Scupper Swift Kayak Cart
- Paddleboy Peanut Kayak Cart
- SUP Wheels Classic Standup Paddleboard Trailer and SUP / Kayak Carrier
- ProSource Durable Heavy Duty Kayak Wheel
- Shoreline Marine Propel Aluminium Canoe & Kayak Cart
- Final Verdict
Why do I need a kayak cart?
- So that I can easily transport your bulky kayak
- To save time
- To prevent any kind of back injury
- To Reduce the physical work
- To prevent damages to kayak while dragging on rocky or hard surfaces
- To easily move the kayak on sand terrain
Best Kayak Carts, Wheels And Trolleys
How to Choose the Best Kayak Cart 2017?
Choosing the best kayak cart for you is very important, or it will be useless for you. There are different types of kayak wheels, kayak carts, kayak trolley available on the market, and failing to find the perfect kayak wheel will make the job difficult. This is why you need to be careful to find the best kayak cart for your kayak. However, if you follow these simple tricks, you will be able to get the best kayak trolley for you.
At first, you need to check the weight of your kayak and the weight capacity of the kayak cart or trolley. Otherwise, it might break down if the kayak has more weight than the maximum capacity.
Kayak Cart Types:
There are several types of kayak carts available in the market. Let’s see them below:
1. Plug-in Kayak cart: These kayak karts are plugged into the scupper holes of your sit-on-top kayak. Depending on the location of scupper holes, the kayak cart will be plugged. The sit-on-top kayak users widely use these kayak carts.
2. End Carts: The name of this kayak wheel cart is self-explanatory. These kayak carts are placed on the end of the kayak and don’t require strapping. These are not a good choice if you have biggers kayaks, as some may not fit. These are durable and requires you to use slightly more strength than others.
3. Strapped carts: You will need to place the kayak on the cart and strap it. It works on almost all kayaks. Most of the kayakers have used it. One disadvantage of this kayak wheel is that it may cause trouble if the strap is loose.
Some kayak cart will come with a narrow wheel, and some may have a wider wheel. A wider wheel will allow you to move on rocky or concrete terrain easily. An inflatable wheel will work great on sand, and a narrow wheel is best for small kayaks. Try to get a “never Go Flat”; as they are puncture proof.
Material of frame
A cheap kayak cart’s frame will be made of normal steel, which is good for normal good to go. However, if you are into saltwater kayaking, then you need to choose a frame with anti-corrosion materials. These are usually made of aluminum to make it corrosion resistant, lightweight and to support heavy kayak or canoes.
Not all kayak carts are foldable. Some can be disassembled very easily and come with a space saving design. These kayak trolleys can be stored very easily on your kayak.
Not all kayaks have the same size. If you are thinking about using a kayak cart to transport a different sized kayak, then you better get one which has an adjustable width. A good kayak cart will have adjustable width function to carry different sized kayaks.
We have mentioned expensive to cheap kayak carts. If budget is not an issue, then you should get the best kayak wheel for you. There are some kayak carts which may be cheap, but does a fantastic job on the field.
Best Kayak Carts Reviews 2017
Suspenz Smart airless DLX Cart is a very popular kayak cart which is used for transporting kayak and canoe. It is made of a power-coated aluminum frame with stainless steel hardware. This steel hardware can be folded into smaller shape for easy storing.
The maximum weight capacity of this kayak cart is 150 lbs. The quick release airless 10″ tires won’t go flat. It offers dual arm kickstand for extra stability while loading your kayak in it. Note that, it comes with a strap for lashing your kayak.
As we have already mentioned, this kayak cart can be folded into smaller part and stored in a mesh bag (free). It works flawlessly and has been loved by many kayakers.
People’s champ on kayak trolley cart
- Weight capacity: 125 lbs
- Airless 10″ tries
- Tires won’t go flat
- Easy assembling
- Kayak protected while resting on the rubber pads
- Dual arm kickstand for easy loading
- Space saving design
- Easy to store in a mesh bag
This is a universal kayak cart. Hundreds of users have loved this kayak and canoe cart. As the name suggests, this is a ground transportation which is designed for kayak and canoe.
It comes with a “never go flat” tires, which enable it to be used on almost any surfaces. The oversized padding on the frame is there to protect your kayak. Once loaded the locking kickstand keeps the cart steady while moving.
This well designed and sturdy kayak cart can be folded and stored very easily. As a result, it won’t take much space. This kayak cart is supported by two 10-inch heavy duty airless tires, which can be removed for simple storage.
- Loading Capacity: 200 pound
- Sturdy Design
- Universal usage ability
- Space saving design
- Protects the kayak while on the cart by oversized padding
- Kayak keeps steady on the cart
- Long strap to hold the kayak
- Never go flat tires
- Tires can be removed
Best Kayak trolley: If budget is not a concern for you, then you should get this best kayak trolley. You can use this kayak or canoe trolley, and you won’t be disappointed.
The composite material body is sturdy and looks fantastic. This kayak cart won’t rust or erode. The stainless steel reinforced axles to take on the weight and prevent corrosive substance.
Even though this kayak cart weighs only 9.3lbs, it can carry up to 300lbs load.The wheel is puncture proof and solid. The tire is 3.5 inches wide, which provides excellent support on the sand. The Thermo-bonded elastomeric seat pads stick tightly to the boat hulls while you can lash the kayak with the straps.
This kayak trolley’s components can be detached into 7 pieces. Thus, it is super easy to store the and takes less storage than other kayak trolleys.
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs
- Puncture-proof solid tires
- Wheel can be disassembled into seven parts
- Collapses very easily into pieces for easy storage
- No rust or erode
- Stainless steel reinforced axles for better performance
- Can be used in almost all terrain
- A competitive price
This is one of the best cheap kayak cart / wheels you can get in the market. Taking the kayak or canoe to the water is much easier if you use a trolley or kayak wheel. The kayak or canoe can be held in the V-shaped cradle.
This trolley is foldable, meaning you can store it very easily. This kayak wheel trolley is made of aluminum, which makes it lightweight. This kayak trolley works fantastic on the sand surface, as the wheels are bigger thank normal kayak wheels.
Despite the fact that it has an amazingly cheap price, there is little downside of this kayak trolley. The tires smell awful which can be fixed by cleaning with liquid dishwashing detergents.
Best Cheap Trolley motor
- Weight capacity: 150lb
- Foam bumper for extra protection
- 10″ pneumatic tires
- Stainless steel fasteners
- 12 FT straps
- Made of aluminum for lightweight and better support
- Double-leg kickstand for easy loading
If you are looking for a kayak cart which can also hold bigger craft or canoes and John boats, Seattle Sports ATC Cart can be very useful to you. As you see, this kayak cart is rugged to hold bigger boats with less hassle. Due to the robust design with the 16-inch tire, you can go through both rough paths or flat paths more easily and quickly.
Seattle used heavy-duty power-coated steel frame which breaks down to offer a more convenient and easy storage and transportation system. It may not look fancy, but it can hold up to 300 pounds of craft with a size of 19×33 (HxW). For easy loading, you will love the spring loaded super stable kickstand. Since the product comes with strong features and durability, you will have to pay more than regular kayak wheels.
- Can hold kayak, canoes, John boat and even larger craft
- Robust design
- Breaks down for easy and convenient storage
- Can hold up to 300 pounds
- Power coated steel frame used for high durability
- 16-inches bike tires can be used on both rough and flat or paved surfaces
This trolley is specially made for sit-on-top kayaks. Basically, this kayak cart is made to transport the kayaks which come with scupper holes. The variable control adjusts from 6.5″ to 16.5″.
This kayak cart has a 200-pound load capacity. Made of non-corrosion aluminum frame this trolley is a fantastic option for a kayak with scupper holes.The removable foam pads are there to protect your kayak while on the cart.
The tires are “Never Go Flat” 10″ and air-less. It comes with a very decent price tag which makes it a really good kayak cart for small to long kayaks.
Best Kayak Wheel for sit-on-top kayaks
- Air-less “never go flat” tire
- Oversized foam for protection
- Non-corrosion aluminum frame
- Variable width locking control
Transporting a kayak is easier when you have TMS’s kayak canoe cart wheel. This cart wheel is designed to hold it by the hull in a V-shaped cradle along with foam bumpers. The 13-inch nylon strap connects the cradle arms to prevent from opening too far.
The assembly of this kayak cart is super easy. You have to attach the wheels only to make this work. As we have mentioned, the foam bumpers are there to protect your kayak or canoe while moving.
- Weight capacity: 120lbs
- Easy to install
- Metal frame
- Foam bumper to protect your kayak or canoe
- Can be folded
- Space saving design
- Takes less space
Yet another kayak cart for sit on top kayaks. This kayak cart comes with airless wavechaser wheels. This, you don’t have to worry about leaks anymore.
This kayak cart is designed in such a way that it can fit almost any sit-on-top kayak with scupper drain holes. This cart features a unique adjustment for the axle to lengthen and shorten to accommodate different placement of scuppers.
Dissembling this kayak cart is super easy and can be done within minutes. You can store this kayak cart very easily on the boat.
- airless tire
- Easy to disassemble and assemble
- Excellent adjustments
- Fits almost any sit-on-top kayak
- Cushioned uprights
- Easy to store
Paddleboy Peanut Kayak Cart is an another version of the Original Large cart, slightly scaled-down. This kayak cart is suitable for almost all kayak. This kayak cart can carry up to 150 pounds.
This kayak has rubber tread wheels which make it really easy to carry the kayak to or from the water. Note that, it may not function very well in the rocky places. This kayak cart can be folded very easily for easy storage. It even has a very competitive price also.
- Weight capacity: 150 lbs
- Easy storage
- Suitable for most kayaks
This kayak carrier can be used to carry your board after a hard workout on the water. It offers you to easily move your kayak or supboard out of the water and transport to your vehicle.
The SUPwheels are designed in such a way that it won’t hurt your back. You can use this kayak carrier in sand or hard surface. The tire is “never go flat” to make sure you don’t face trouble.
The material used to make this carrier is resistant to rust. The whole unit floats, thus, you don’t need to leave them on the beach.
- The whole unit floats
- Easy assembling process
- Resistant to rust
- Works on both soft and hard surface
- Easy storing
If you want a cheap kayak wheel, then you should get this right away. This is a heavy duty kayak trailer cart which comes with a relatively low price.
This kayak wheel comes with a pair of knobby inflatable tires. Even though this is down point, but you need to remember that the price is very competitive. You can easily inflate the tires.
Assembling this kayak wheel is pretty easy, and it doesn’t require any special tool. It will take 5 minutes to assemble this kayak wheel. You can use this kayak wheel in rough terrains also.
It can be disassembled very quickly and stored with less space. The 4 rubber pads are there to prevent scratches to your kayak. Great value for low price.
- Inflatable tires
- 4 Rubber pad prevents scratches to kayak
- Great value for price
- Easy inflation process
- Bike pump compatible
Another amazing kayak and canoe cart from the Shoreline marine. Moving your kayak or canoe might be a hard job of you don’t own a canoe cart. This cart allows you to move your kayak or canoe with ease.
Shoreline canoe and kayak cart come with large wheels to easily move on different terrain. Unlike other cheap kayak carts, this one’s tire doesn’t smell bad. For better stability and security, you can take benefits of the included straps and hooks.
- Easy to move
- Large wheels
- Can be used in different terrains
- Decent price
- Aluminum body for durability
You can choose any of the kayak carts from the above menu, and they will help you to transport your kayak. My top choices are Suspenz and C-tug. A lot of people are using pro source kayak cart for the low price. If you have a sit-on-top kayak with scupper holes, you can get Malonesit-on-top kayak. We are always here to listen to your recommendations, share your favorite kayak trolley on the comments section below.